Dealing with split visitation of my 12 year old son. How does shared parenting actually affect the child. Co-parenting with a nincompoop!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Where O Where have my parenting rights gone?

My son is with his dad this week, because it is his parenting time so to speak. Well I get a call (actually a text) from my son today telling me he was in Kentucky and was on his way to Tennessee. I was thinking to myself that's nice, he is in KY and I had no clue that he had even left the state of Ohio; and that the adult of the house (meaning his father) could of called just to be nice and say Hey, I am taking our son out of state for the next couple of days. I never take my son out of town/state without calling his dad and letting him know. I know it is his parenting week and all but I have enough respect for him being the father of my son to do that for him even on my parenting weeks. I don't know why I bother. It is just hard for me to tolerate the fact that I have nothing to do with my son or know what he is doing or where he is going for two weeks out of the month. My son's dad just let's him do way to much, my son is only 11 years old and he does things that my 16 and 17 year old nephews have not even done. So if any of you out there are reading this and you are going through the same type of split, please let the other parent know where the child is and where they are going at all times. It is called being able to have a peace of mind.

No comments: