Dealing with split visitation of my 12 year old son. How does shared parenting actually affect the child. Co-parenting with a nincompoop!

Monday, July 21, 2008

He needs to be knocked off his high horse

Well it is Monday, I am supposed to have my son by 4:00 p.m. today. Well I get a call from my son (not the dad, my son) about 8:45 p.m. and he tells me that he will be home in about 45 minutes, I told him okay I would see him when he gets here. Well then my son calls me about 9:15 p.m. and tells me that his dad's navigation is saying 10:30 now. I said okay, I would see him when he gets here (what else can I do). Well then my son calls me about 10:30 and asks me will I come and pick him up at his dads house, I said no, have your dad bring you here! My son tells me that his dad said he is not bringing him to my house that I would have to come and pick him up, and then I say, Your dad is the one that chose not to follow the schedule (plan his weekend trip accordingly) it is late, it is dark out and he can bring you here, so my son of course calls me back and tells me that his dad said that he would bring him over in the morning. Well, it always seems to go back to the norm with this asshole; he thinks he is in charge and is untouchable. I hate the fact that he does not respect me enough to even call me and let me know that he was not going to have my son available for me to even pick him up on my day and the regular time. I hate the fact that he could not even call me and tell me that he was taking my son out of the state.

No comments: