Dealing with split visitation of my 12 year old son. How does shared parenting actually affect the child. Co-parenting with a nincompoop!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

It was my holiday

It is supposed to be my holiday (July 4) but my son has been with his dad all week because it has been his week. I was debating on whether or not to even utilize the fact that it was my holiday. I just did not want any trouble, but I thought no, you know what... It is Independence day I am tired of him making me feel inferior to him. I made the call, to let him know that I would be picking up Chase and spending the day with him. He responds exactly how I envisioned he would. He starts telling me that it was not my holiday, and that he did not care if it was or not that I was not getting my son and that I would have to bring the cops to his house; he knows the cops of course are going to do nothing but say it is a civil dispute and I need to call my attorney....Hello! I don't have an attorney in my back pocket to keep on the payroll. I got frustrated and after crying for 15 minutes and getting mad and yelling at my husband because he just happened to be there. I got ready and drove on over to his house and called my son and told him to come on outside, it took a good 20 minutes to get him out side but I was not going to be leaving without him. We did get to watch the fireworks together last night so it was very nice.

My son was very upset from all of the arguing and when he got in my car, he had looked as if he had been crying for a while. I told him that I am so sorry that he has to go through all of this and that If I could make it better for him I would. He says the same thing that he always says that he just wishes we could get along. I wish the same thing, and have always wanted that for him.

No comments: