Dealing with split visitation of my 12 year old son. How does shared parenting actually affect the child. Co-parenting with a nincompoop!

Monday, June 16, 2008

I am lonely

Well, it is Monday and it is that time again....I have to say goodbye to my son for another week. It is still hard for me to say goodbye even though I have been dealing with this for a few years now. We are supposed to have an arranged pick up time which is 4:00, I guess this time does not apply to his dad, because does his dad ever get here at that time, NO! It would be nice to be able to plan my schedule accordingly but that would be asking way too much I guess. So what time did he finally pull his big red truck in the driveway~5:45. No phone call to say that he will be late, no phone call to let me or my son know when he was coming.

My son has a baseball game tonight beginning at 8:00 which means he has to be at the field by 7:00, well I get a call of course at 7:23 "Can you tell me what the address of the field is?, how do I get there"? Okay, I have enough kids to parent, I am tired of parenting you....check your emails just like every other parent. It is a good thing our thoughts can't speak because he would have got an ear full.

I tried to call my son and tell him goodnight but of course there was no answer. I pray every night that he be kept safe and out of harm's way.

No comments: